Applications are invited for a Year 6 Teacher for Term 2 & 3, 2021.
To be successful in this role you must possess:
- Appropriate qualifications and experience
- Effective communication skills
- An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students & parents/carers
- An ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices
- A clear understanding of the New Australian Curriculum
Applicants are required to address these points in the "Letter of Application" section of the online application form.
Xavier Catholic College is a co-educational P-12 College owned and administered by Brisbane Catholic Education which opened in 2003. Our enrolment is approximately 1100 students. The College takes its name from St Francis Xavier, who along with St Ignatius of Loyola, was one of the founders of the Society of Jesus, the Jesuits. We have adopted Ignatian spirituality as the basis for the ethos and culture of the College. The Jesuit Order has developed throughout the world a network of approximately 2000 educational institutions – schools, universities, and literacy centres. As a Jesuit Partner School, Xavier is a member of this network and one of nine Jesuit Network schools in Australia.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing late March
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Terms 2 & 3, 2021
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Mr Russell Davey
Contact Telephone Number: (07) 4197 1177
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 01-Mar-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education