The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Siena Catholic College is seeking a suitably qualified, passionate, committed and student focussed teacher with the ability and experience to teach a combination of the following subjects:
Year 7 - 10 Science. (The ability to teach and experience of teaching Religious education may be an advantage.)
Applicants should address the following in their on-line application: qualifications and experience in these subjects;
- effective communication skills;
- proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, students and parents/carers;
- understanding of the Australian Curriculum and Queensland’s new QCE system;
- evidence of personal innovation and excellence in teaching and learning;
- preparedness to contribute to the co- and extra-curricular programs of the College
- and a reflection on the four Pillars of Dominican Charism - Prayer, Study, Community and Service.
Siena Catholic College is a contemporary secondary co-educational systemic school, administered by Brisbane Catholic Education on behalf of the Archdiocese of Brisbane. Located at Sippy Downs on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, Siena has a simple but powerful ethos of PRAYER-CARE-LEARNING and aims to educate the whole person - intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally, with a strong sense on the fifth dimension, the spiritual.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 27 May 2019
Employment Tenure: Full Time & Part Time positions available + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): Commencing 27 May 2019 - 6 December 2019
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019.
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Caraline Preston
Contact Telephone Number: 5476 6100
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org