Emmaus College is a Prep to Year 12 co-educational ecumenical College which fosters Christian unity through its active partnership with the local Anglican, Catholic, Lutheran and Uniting churches. In 2021 the College has a P-12 enrolment of 1530 students.
Emmaus is located on 21 hectares in a quiet bushland setting at 48 East Street, Jimboomba. It has been built to cater for the educational and faith needs of the Jimboomba, Beaudesert and surrounding communities. ’Excellence in learning within a contemporary Christian community’ is the vision that shapes the Emmaus learning community.
Visit our school website here
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our school community to teach the following subjects:
• Years 7-12 - English
• Years 7-12 - Religious Education
• The ability to teach Years 7-12 Business would be advantageous
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles,
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing April 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 School Year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Liesl Profke, Head 7-12
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5547 9990
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 19-Apr-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education