Bradbury School Website: http://www.bradbury.edu.hk
Bradbury School is a four form entry school with 720 students.
Year Group Leader (TLR 3) - Starting Aug 2018
Bradbury School is seeking to appoint a Year group Leader (TLR3). This position will be a full-time two years renewable contract starting August 2018.
Reading Recovery training, knowledge of Special needs and PYP experience is desirable.
In addition to his / her class teaching responsibilities, the Year Group Leader will play an active role in whole school strategic development and ensure that the work of the year level is in alignment with whole school development.
• Ensure the learner profile attributes and the IB philosophy are modelled and encouraged within the Year Group.
• Create a climate of continuous school improvement within the Year Group, encouraging teachers to be reflective practitioners and to support the professional development of each team member.
• Carry out performance management within the Year Group.
• Ensure that plans are in place for the effective implementation of the curriculum and to make these plans available for supply teachers and the Senior Leadership Team.
• Regularly evaluate teaching, learning and student outcomes through work sampling and moderation within and beyond the Year Group.
• Analyse assessment data for the Year Group with the support of curriculum leaders, to ensure that students ‘at risk’ are identified and to oversee the appropriate use of additional support so that student needs are met.
• Communicate regularly with the Phase Leader, working in partnership with him/her and keeping them informed of any areas of concern within the Year Group.
• Coordinate Year Group visits and special activities delegating where appropriate (class assemblies; productions; camps, costumes, school fairs,etc)
• Draw to the attention of each class teacher safety/emergency procedures as they apply to the Year Group and inform the Phase Leader of any areas of concern.
• Engender positive leadership and efficient management by promoting high quality communication within/without the Year Group.
• Ensure that a high level of contact and communication with parents through the variety of methods set up by school is maintained.
• Manage resources efficiently ensuring that appropriate budgetary procedures are followed.
• Maintain a high level of professional conduct at all times.
• Bachelor Degree in Education, or
• Bachelor Degree in any subjects with PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate of Education), or equivalent
• 5+ years teaching experience within a recognised educational organisation
Closing Date: 13 Nov 2017
For enquiries, please contact Sandra Webster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be submitted online through https://recruit.esf.edu.hk
Step 1: Go to the Registration tab and register. You will then receive an email with an activation link.
Step 2: When your account has been activated, login to the system and click "Job Listing"
Step 3: Check the box next to the job(s) that you wish to apply for and click "Apply & Continue".
ESF is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with the ESF's Personal Data Policy, a copy of which will be provided immediately upon request.
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.