Asia Pacific School - international (In partnership with International Partnership Group, UK)
Work Location: Subang, Kuala Lumpur area, Malaysia
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Term: Two-Year Fixed Term
An Opportunity in Malaysia Awaits You
Asia Pacific School (APS) is a thriving and highly successful union of a large international school and a large Malaysian national curriculum school (both with primary and secondary sections). Asia Pacific Smart School (APSS, the Malaysian national curriculum school) was established in 2006 and it was joined in 2012 by Asia Pacific International School (APIS). All sections of Asia Pacific School are highly popular and high performing. Examination grades in
both curricula are very strong.
Asia Pacific School offers a welcoming, inclusive and stimulating environment to work. We are also part of the International Schools Partnership (ISP) a leading international educational company based in London with 52 schools across the world. As such, we are part of a worldwide family with sister schools in, amongst others, Spain, UK, Mexico, Costa Rica, USA, Canada, Dubai and UAE.
The international sections (APIS) follow a UK (English) curriculum at primary and secondary level, culminating in IGCSE examinations in Year 11. We are a centre for Cambridge International Examinations (CIE). The primary and secondary international sections of Asia Pacific School are together a truly cosmopolitan community of almost 800 students of over 30 nationalities. Our teaching staff are mostly Malaysian with some expatriates.
The school is located within easy travel by car (approximately half an hour) or public transport to central Kuala Lumpur.
Kuala Lumpur itself is a truly global city and according to the UK’s Independent newspaper, it ranks second in the world as a place to live for expats (see link below). We are in easy travel to Kuala Lumpur International airport and very close to the smaller Subang airport, from where one can fly very cheaply to the many wonderful places to visit in Malaysia.
We are looking for someone who:
- Puts children at the heart of everything they do.
- Is an outstanding primary practitioner (UK QTS or equivalent)
- Models a positive and learning focused environment in their own classroom and wants to inspire others to achieve this too.
- Has experience in leading others to deliver high quality teaching and learning for all pupils.
- Has experience of subject leadership – we would be particularly interested in candidates who could lead English or maths (UK National Curriculum).
- Is an inspiring teacher with a proven track record in making students better.
- Is able to prioritise and delegate effectively.
- Is a strong communicator, who is personable, caring and passionate with high expectations of themselves and others.
- Is committed to getting better through continued professional development and excited about leading others in getting better too!
- Can build a positive relationship with staff, students and parents.
In return we offer:
- A culture of trust, where all contributions are recognised and respected
- A passionate and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
- An embedded whole campus commitment to professional development and a commitment to serving others.
- A peer network of like-minded teachers and other adults.
- A real commitment to work-life balance
- Appropriate degree and teaching qualification (e.g. PGCE, B. Ed).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a primary school.
- A passionate educator with high levels of professionalism and care for children.
This is a two-year contract with an option to renew at the end. Benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Generous contributions to an Employee Provident Fund (EPF)
- Overseas allowance
- Fee reduction for children of employees
- Medical insurance
- Flight and shipping allowance at the beginning and end of the contract
Interviews will be completed via video link.
How to Apply
The closing date is 17/4/21 but it is strongly recommended to submit applications as soon as possible.
Further information and details of other positions are available on our website: https://www.apschools.edu.my/
Interested candidates are invited to send in a letter of application including the reasons for applying together with a comprehensive CV, a recent passport-size photograph and contact details of three referees (one of which must be from your current school) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Early application is encouraged as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date 17 April, 2021.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
(Please check your Junk Folder for emails and include email@example.com to your safe senders list (We thank all applicants for their expressed interest. However, only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.)
Asia Pacific International School (APIS)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years