Salary: NJC Scale Scale SO2
- Full Time salary £30,336 paid pro rata for 36 hours/41weeks
- Actual Salary £27,886
Closing Date: 9.00 am on Friday 30 June 2017
Hours: 36 hours per week
Are you enthusiastic, adaptable and a good team player with a real belief in the ability of young people to overcome barriers?
Kingsbury High School is a highly successful split site school. We are looking to appoint a Year Leader to work with our pupils as part of the Student Development Team, assisting and supporting pupil learning and behaviour, liaising with parents and staff and dealing with general pastoral concerns.
Applicants should have relevant experience and the ability to work with young people in an authoritative role. Duties will include supporting students with issues of behaviour, attendance, punctuality and being high profile across the school, with some administrative work. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and organisational skills, a flexible approach to their work and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
What experience do I need?
- You will have experience of working with children or young people, with a variety of learning and medical needs.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills and be confident in using computers.
- You must have good communication, literacy and numeracy skills and be flexible in your approach.
- You must have the ability to relate to young people
- A suitable qualification and/or experience is desirable.
The appointee will be required to complete a six-month period of probation.
To apply: Please email email@example.com for an application pack
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and the appointment will be subject to receipt of satisfactory references, medical and an enhanced DBS Disclosure check.
Kingsbury High is a converter Academy committed to national terms and conditions for teaching staff, local NJC terms for support staff and, as an Equal Opportunities employer, welcomes applications from all sections of the community.