Year Leader - Grade 9 (£22, 507 - £24,705)
Term Time Only Plus 5 Days – 37 hours per week
Westborough High School is an 11-16 comprehensive school with a passionate commitment to making a difference to children’s lives and ensuring that all pupils have the highest possible learning experience.
We now seek to build on our already strong foundations in order to continue our upward trend of improvement. A key strategy to enable this development is to appoint a hardworking and enthusiastic Year Leader to further develop and embed our ethos of high expectations and exceptional attitudes to learning.
You will be a key member of a successful and vibrant Behaviour for Learning Team liaising with senior leaders, teaching and support staff and be responsible for the behaviour and welfare of a specific year group. The main focus of the role is to support the year group on a daily basis, assisting pupils in improving their attitudes to learning, behaviour and achieving their full potential at school. You will require excellent interpersonal skills to build strong, positive relationships with teenagers, parents, external agencies and school staff.
Essential qualities for all applicants include amongst other things:
• The ability to effectively communicate with children/young people, school staff and outside agencies.
• An understanding of child development and learning including Special Educational Needs and also Child Protection Procedures
• Experience of mentoring and one to one support with young people, including those with challenging behaviour.
• The ability to work with parents and carers in order to support the education of the pupils
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
(Please refer to the Job Description, Context Sheet and Person Specification for full details)
As a valued member of our team we can offer:
• Clear and shared values and expectations
• A commitment to tailored professional development
• A stimulating work environment
• An experienced, highly committed and supportive leadership team
If you have the vision and drive for excellence and want to be part of an enthusiastic, dedicated and well-resourced team, committed to ensuring that pupils not only achieve their potential, but exceed it, then we would like to hear from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
You are warmly welcomed to visit our school to meet other staff and to see for yourself what a great place Westborough is to work.
If you require further information about the role, please contact the school on telephone: 01924 469549 or you can visit the school website at www.w-h-s.org.uk (please note the school is closed for Spring Bank from 28 May to 1 June 2018 inclusive).
The closing date: Applications to be returned for the attention of Fiona Sharp by 9.00 a.m. on Monday 4 June 2018.
PLEASE NOTE: interviews will take place on Wednesday 6 June 2018.