37 hours per week, term time plus 10 days
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational Year Leader who will drive up the standards of attendance, ‘behaviour for learning’ and conduct of students within a year group.
As a Year Leader you will work directly with the ‘Senior Leader – Behaviour’ in what is a key role in our drive to becoming a national beacon of educational excellence.
We actively welcome applications from colleagues who are already working in a pastoral/behaviour role as well as colleagues who are working in an educational setting and are passionate about becoming a Year Leader.
Career development recruitment incentives:
- Candidates should be looking at this post as a 3 year development pathway to the next stage of their career rather than just a ‘Year Leader’ post. The training and CPD you will receive will be phenomenal.
We advise you to come in and speak with the Headteacher to discuss the above and shape the next 3 years of your career.
In particular, we are seeking an individual who:
- Is fully aligned to our vision and key drivers;
- Is a dynamic and proactive individual who will not be satisfied until all students are making excellent progress, have excellent behaviour and excellent attendance;
- Will proactively work with senior leaders to regularly analyse behaviour and academic data relating to the performance of the year group and identify individuals and cohorts of students that need intervention or support and implement strategies to address this;
- Will play a leading role in terms of supporting the development of Academic Mentoring to ensure it is raising the standards of behaviour, academic achievement and reading;
- Will strive to implement effective approaches which support and engage our most challenging students;
- Will strive to implement effective strategies to rapidly improve and maintain high levels of attendance;
- Will be proactive in engaging parents.
- Will go above and beyond to ensure the job is done effectively and delivers results
The successful candidate will also be:
- Passionate about developing their own practice;
- Driven to keep up to date with the latest teaching and learning research and literature;
- Unwavering in their commitment to promoting the highest standards of teaching and learning across the department and the Academy;
To find more about the opportunity or to arrange a virtual video call with the Headteacher please contact Mrs. C Weightman, PA to Headteacher via email email@example.com or telephone at 01482 879967.
To find out more about or academy please visit our website
Our Vision is: 'to deliver world class learning, which places no limits on what young people can achieve' and we are a national beacon of educational excellence in Hull'.
As a national beacon of educational excellence we will ensure that:
- All students leave our academy with first-rate qualifications: Qualifications that ensure all doors remain open, giving our students the platform to compete and thrive on a global stage.
- All students develop exceptional character: Character that exemplifies a true growth mind-set; a phenomenal work ethic; confidence and high levels of grit, resilience and determination; ensuring they are fully prepared to flourish in an ever-changing world.
- All students leave our academy with high levels of cultural and global awareness: Awareness that develops through diverse experiences that enrich our students, enabling them to engage in, empathise with, challenge and debate current affairs beyond their local community.
- All students leave with an array of positive memories that last for a lifetime: Memories that are created from students, staff and our community being fully invested in forging exceptional relationships based on trust, care, high expectations and a passion for genuinely making a difference in their life.
Ultimately our Mission is to ensure that: ‘all students have an inner-belief and ambition to fulfil their dreams and live a happy and successful life.’ We are passionate about our students ‘recognising their academic worth’ and making sure that they are ‘prepared to make bold choices in order to secure places, and thrive, at the most reputable and highest performing colleges, universities and world-class employers.’
Academies Enterprise Trust:
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Interview date: Thursday 4th March 2021
Closing Date: Saturday 27th February 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today by clicking the apply now button.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
**Please scroll to the bottom of this page to view our live vacancies**
Thank you for your interest in working at Kingswood Academy.
Kingswood Academy; is a school rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted. We are also an academy where on average our stu...