Head of Year – Well-being Lead
One Year Temporary
Required for September 2018
Applications accepted from the following subjects: Maths, Science, Design & Technology, RE and English
Do you want to work in one of the top non-selective of schools in the country for progress nationally, equipping students for success in both further study and future employment?
We require a Year Leader – Well Being Lead to take a strategic lead in developing and evaluating pastoral care and support for students across an assigned Year Group. Candidates should have a clear vision for successful achievement, guidance and behavior for learning, be able to make a contribution to whole school development and ensure each student within their Year Group are positively encouraged to develop their full potential.
You will have the ability and enthusiasm to:
- Lead the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of students.
- Monitor progress and implement interventions to ensure all students attain and achieve to the best of their ability.
- Lead the pastoral support for the Year Group working with Form Tutors and other internal and external agencies.
- A strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
- An opportunity to be part of a dynamic and creative team.
- A supportive environment in which your talent and commitment will be encouraged, nurtured and rewarded.
- A superb opportunity to work in a flourishing and dynamic department.
- Management and Leadership CPD opportunities are available
- A mobile device to deliver engaging lessons.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of an Outstanding school and make a major contribution to the schools continued success.
Further details and an application form are available by contacting the school, or can be downloaded from our school website.
Visits are warmly welcomed and highly recommended - please contact Ms Adams, Personnel Officer on email@example.com.
Applications from non-Catholics are welcome. All staff are required to be supportive of the Catholic ethos and we have a full time Chaplain that can help support individuals within their role.
Address: Pound Street, Carshalton, Surrey SM5 3PS
Tel: 020 8642 2025 ext 202
Fax: 020 8643 7925
Applications to be received as soon as possible
Individual contact will be made with potential candidates confirming date of interview
Reference No: AHR - 420
“St Philomena’s is an exceptional school.”
OFSTED March 2008
“St Philomena’s High School for Girls is an outstanding Catholic school. It achieves both academic excellence and outstanding personal and spiritual development for all pupils.
Pupil’s take full advantage of the opportunities offered to them at St Philomena’s and are happy to contribute to all aspects of school life.”
Section 48 Inspection September 2013
The school has 1,385 students with 320 in the Sixth Form.
Ms M Noone
St Philomena’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.