Year Progress Leader
Scale: TLR 1a (Plus Inner London Allowance)
Commencing: April 2020 or Sooner
This vibrant 11-16 school with a roll of 1500 pupils has excellent facilities in all subject areas. Kingsford Community School is committed to high quality inclusive education for pupils of whom fifty per cent are multi-lingual.
The school has achieved a range of nationally accredited awards and is rated as
Good with Outstanding Leadership and Behaviour by Ofsted.
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, enthusiastic and committed professional with proven leadership and management skills in a secondary school. The person appointed will work closely with school leaders, will be a member of the School Development Team and will ensure that the school vision, high standards and good and better outcomes for pupils are secured. Year Progress Leaders normally follow their Year Group as they move up the school.
For this post, you will need to be a strategic leader who will:
• Lead, inspire and raise aspirations and achievement for a Year group of 330 pupils and a team of tutors and co tutors;
• Consistently promote and facilitate the extensive personal development of pupils, so that pupils have access to a wide range of experiences to ensure their talents and interests are managed to an exceptional level.
• Be involved in monitoring progress and ensuring every pupil's achievement is valued and facilitated to be good and better;
• Be involved in PSHE, Character development and other aspects of the pastoral curriculum such as ethical behaviour and Restorative Approaches
• Take responsibility for effectively managing pupil discipline and welfare including student wellbeing.
• Be involved in liaison, transition and progression arrangements as appropriate;
• Demonstrate very good interpersonal skills with staff, pupils and parents/carers;
• The person appointed will have a teaching commitment that takes account of their subject expertise.
• The opportunity to shape the future of our successful school
• An inspirational, talented and hardworking staff team
• A vibrant, richly diverse school community
• Enthusiastic, kind and respectful children
• The chance to be at the forefront of school improvement provision
• First class professional development opportunities
Previous experience of a role in an educational setting is essential. The successful candidate will have to meet the person specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Only applications submitted on the schools agreed application form will be considered. Kingsford Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in accordance with DFE Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment regulations. The school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For any further enquiries regarding this vacancy, please visit our website http://www.kingsfordschool.org.uk/ or email our Recruitment Team at: email@example.com or telephone on 020 7476 4700.
The closing date for receiving completed application forms is 16.00p.m Friday 24th January 2020