Fixed term until 31 July 2019.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, term time only (40 weeks per year)
As a Youth Activity Leader, you will provide a youth activity service for students primarily aged 16-18 and will enhance the experience of students within College through the provision of extra-curricular activities.
Day to day, this will involve, implementing a range of student extra-curricular activities, organising and delivering activities for students to aid their personal and social development, working with students and staff to overcome barriers and working closely with the student union.
You will have a pivotal role in ensuring a student experience of the highest quality and supporting students to broaden their experiences and take advantage of opportunities from a College wide perspective and beyond.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about student’s achieving their potential, by developing their skills and challenging them to be the best that they can be.
As a Youth Activity Leader, you should:
- Hold GCSE A* - C in Maths and English or equivalent (new grades 9 - 4)
- Have experience of engaging 15 –19 year olds in life enhancing opportunities and activities
- Have experience of delivering sport, enrichment and club related activities to young people
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to initiate and develop student participation
- The ability to organise, deliver and implement a varied programme of activities
- An awareness of a range of personal difficulties and anxieties experienced by young people
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.
Closing date: 11.00am on Wednesday 30 May 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 13 June 2018
Transforming lives through learning…
…by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhance Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.