The successful applicant will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, committed and motivated Year 5 Primary Classroom Teacher to join our school team. This is a Part Time, Fixed Term, Job Share position due to a Maternity Leave replacement. To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Appropriate qualifications and experience
• Effective communication skills and a willingness to partner with parents and caregivers
• An ability to work collegially in a team of 5 teachers and contribute positively and collaboratively to a culture of shared learning
• Build constructive and open relationships that promotes a culture of trust within the community
• An ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum
• A proven record using data informed and evidenced based pedagogies as part of their teaching
As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form.
St Benedict's Primary School at Mango Hill has a student population of approximately 700 students. We are a relatively new school which opened in 2008 in the outer northern suburbs of Brisbane (Mango Hill). St Benedict’s is committed to planning and providing a high quality, 21st century Catholic education; an education focused on the development of the human person created whole in the image and likeness of God, bringing faith, life and culture into our school life. Our dedicated and professional teachers deliver unique and authentic learning opportunities, differentiating the curriculum to cater for all learners.
Visit our school website here
Estimated Start Date: Commencing October 2019
Employment Tenure: Part Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 8th October - 6th December 2019
If Part Time, hours and/or days required: Two Days Per Week - Mon & Tues
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Patrick Davis
Contact Telephone Number: 3481 4600
Contact Email: email@example.com
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window