What can teachers do to support a child with poor mental health? Well, there are lots of ways a school can work to develop resilience and optimism among all pupils. These – and it’s by no means a comprehensive list – might include:
* Whole-school nurturing approaches.
* Restorative approaches.
* Solution-orientated approaches.
* Peer mediation.
* Circle time.
* Developing emotional literacy in the curriculum.
* Destigmatising mental health through open discussion in personal and social education.
* Ensuring that all children have a link person within their school.
“But what about the ...
Subscribe to get access to the content on this page.
If you are already a Tes/ Tes Scotland subscriber please log in with your username or email address to get full access to our back issues, CPD library and membership plus page.
Not a subscriber? Find out more about our subscription offers.Subscribe now