Skip to main content

Acronym alert

Looking at jobs on the TES website, I am confused by references to CPS. I know MPS means main pay scale; does CPS have anything to do with this or is it completely different?

At various time in the past the pay scales have been given different names.

The main scale was once referred to as the common professional scale or CPS. The initials seem to have hung around even after the introduction of the terms main and upper pay spines.

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you