As if sitting in a chilly tubful of squishy orange goo for 30 minutes (raising the grand total of pound;50 in the process) was not suffering enough, injury was added to insult by a bowlful of scalding water hurled to wash him down by a helpful volunteer. Poor Mr Hall ended up in St Richard's Hospital, Chichester, being treated for what was described as the equivalent of "a bad case of sunburn". Exactly where, it is not related, but pray that the name of Mr Hall's school - the Manhood Community College - is otherwise incidental to the story.
Spare a thought for PE teacher Dave Hall, who volunteered to raise cash for Romania by sitting in a bathful of baked beans.
Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.
It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you