1. Who had a hit in 1984 with the single Agadoo?
2. Stephen Dedalus is the main character in which 20th-century novel?
3. Highclere Castle in Berkshire was used as the setting for which 2010 TV drama?
4. What is the name given to a young hare?
5. What links Napoleon's victory over the Russians and Austrians, Volgograd, the New Deal and a supersonic airliner?
6. The Great Pyramid of Giza was built as a tomb for which pharaoh?
7. What title was claimed by Matthew Hopkins for his involvement in a series of trials in Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk between 1645 and 1647?
8. Which building lies at the other end of the Royal Mile to Edinburgh Castle?
9. Where would you find the vitreous humour?
10. How many players are there in a rugby league team?
Quiz answers right; for crossword answers see next week's issue
Pub Quiz answers 1. Black Lace 2. A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man, by James Joyce 3. Downton Abbey 4. Leveret 5. They are all stations on the Paris Metro: (Gare d') Austerlitz, Stalingrad, Franklin D Roosevelt, Concorde 6. Khufu (Cheops) 7. Witch-finder General 8. The Palace of Holyroodhouse 9. In the eyeball 10. 13 on the field.