1. What was the name of the Cuban dictator overthrown by Fidel Castro in 1959?
2. What is the nickname given to Florida's electric chair?
3. David Jacobs, Noel Edmonds and Jools Holland have all hosted which music series?
4. Which is the largest of Japan's 6,852 islands?
5. In the standard US version of Monopoly, what takes the place normally occupied by Mayfair in the UK version?
6. What Roman numeral represents the number 500?
7. What are dried in oast houses?
8. Which is the newest of the UK's 15 national parks, becoming one on March 31 this year?
9. What links Joseph Conrad and Alien?
10. In which US state is the Pentagon, the headquarters of the US Department of Defense?
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. General Fulgencio Batista; 2. Old Sparky; 3. Juke Box Jury; 4. Honshu; 5. Boardwalk; 6. D; 7. Hops; 8. South Downs National Park; 9. Nostromo: book by Conrad; spaceship in film; 10. Virginia.