1. The Treaty of Ghent in 1814 concluded a war between Great Britain and which other country?
2. Whose albums include The Red Shoes, The Dreaming and The Kick Inside?
3. The Earl and Countess of Grantham occupy which fictional country house?
4. Which was the only one of the Seven Wonders of the World sited in mainland Europe?
5. Who comes next in this sequence: Joe Calzaghe, Chris Hoy, Ryan Giggs?
6. The Stour, Teme and Wye are tributaries of which river?
7. Which novel features the characters Hazel, Bigwig, Fiver and General Woundwort?
8. What links Lord Wilmington, Spencer Perceval, William Pitt the Younger, Lord Rockingham, George Canning, Henry Pelham and Lord Palmerston, and no others?
9. To which legal post did Elish Angiolini succeed Lord Boyd in 2006?
10. Milk from which animal is used to make pecorino cheese?
Pub Quiz answers: 1. The United States 2. Kate Bush 3. 'Downton Abbey' 4. The Statue of Zeus at Olympia 5. Tony McCoy: winners of the BBC Sports Personality of the Year award, 2007-2010 6. Severn 7. 'Watership Down' 8. Prime ministers who died in office 9. Lord Advocate for Scotland 10. Sheep.