* pound;3 million grant to boost admin support in schools. This will increase to pound;15m by 20056.
* Assembly set to reject plan for high-level assistants.
* Investment in technology and easier electronic access to teaching materials.
* Project to help schools identify ways to use teachers' time more efficiently.
* Has had 35-hour week for all teachers since August 2001.
* Phased reduction in maximum class contact time to 22.5 hours per week.
* All staff given more than seven hours non-contact time within their 35 hours a week.
* All tasks not requiring teachers to be on school premises can be carried out at a time and place of the teacher's choosing.
* An extra compulsory 35 hours per year for continuing professional development from August 2003.