* Open now: A free exhibition, Quentin BlakeRoald Dahl: The Illustrations, is in the Lyttelton exhibition foyer until September 30
* September 13: on the big day, the Roald Dahl Museum and Story Centre is offering schools a self-guided visit for a discounted price of pound;1 per child (www.roalddahlmuseum.org). In Cardiff, where Dahl was born, (4.30-5.30pm), his daughter Lucy joins the cast of a stage version of Danny, the Champion of the World at the New Theatre, where the play opens on September 19. Booking: 029 2087 8889 (www.newtheatrecardiff.co.uk).
* September 14: in Glasgow, the Glasgow Herald and the Scottish Book Trust host a panel debate on Everything You Wanted to Know About Roald Dahl. 7pm at the Scottish Youth Theatre, Glasgow, tickets at pound;4pound;2 on 0141 429 0022.
* September 16 and 17: celebration weekend at the RDMSC, at the Buckinghamshire County Museum which houses the Roald Dahl Children's Gallery (01296 331 441) and at the Seven Stories centre for the Children's Book in Newcastle (www.sevenstories.org.uk).
* September 22: Quentin Blake in a Platform performance at the National Theatre about working with Dahl: www.nationaltheatre.org.uk 020 7452 3000.