Mrs Johnson was puzzled ... then she discovered that the "lounge" was in the "caretaker's house"of the small North Yorkshire school. The house next door is no longer a school house, but the home of Mrs Diane Bell. The asbestos was the cement pad on the good lady's ironing board.
When head Nicola Johnson was told her school had asbestos, she took it very seriously. London-based Casella Hazmat - "one of the world's leading scientific and engineering consultancies" - had probed Rosedale Abbey county primary and concluded that its "lounge" contained asbestos.
Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.
It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you