If you haven't visited the Eden Project in Cornwall yet, start here. The vision of Tim Smit and his team "to build a place unlike any other, one that would capture the imagination of all who came upon it" is laid bare in Eden, Smit's handsome full-colour account of the recreation of the world's environments in climate-controlled biomes.
From the seeds sown by Smit's work on the Lost Gardens of Heligan and his discovery of the perfect site in Bodelva, a disused china clay pit, he traces the sometimes perilous path to opening day in May 2000.
Eden now employs more than 500 staff, but Smit's account with its emphasis on attracting key individuals has much to offer anyone who's tried to make anything happen on a smaller scale. And one of his chapter titles, "If you're not on the edge, you're taking up too much space", might look good on the staffroom wall.
Friday magazine has five copies of Smit's book, publised by Bantam Press and worth pound;25, to offer readers. Write your name and address on a postcard and send it before May 24 to: Eden offer, Tracey Thomas, Friday magazine, 66-68 East Smithfield, London E1W 1BX.* Take the biscuit
Fancy a breaktime treat for your staffroom, department or school office? Think you know your Rich Tea from your Hobnobs? Pool your brain power to answer our quiz (think biscuit for one of the five answers) and you could win two classy tins of organic Duchy Originals.
1. What is the official language of Iran?
2. Who wrote The Scarlet Letter?
3. Who said: "I often wonder how I'm going to die. You don't want to embarrass friends"?
4. What did Customs officers try to prove Jaffa Cakes were in 1991?
5. What is craps?
Answers to May 10 questions.
1. Dave MackayTony Book and Gianni Rivera. 2. Le Corbusier. 3. The liberty cap or "magic" mushroom. 4. Guiseppe Garibaldi. 5. 13 months. Congratulations to Margrit Forrester of Wolverhampton Send your answers on a postcard to:Take the Biscuit, Tracey Thomas, Friday magazine, 66-68 East Smithfield, London E1W 1BX or email: firstname.lastname@example.org by May June 7. The first set of correct answers out of the hat will take the biscuits - supplied by Duchy Originals. Teaching materials about organic food and farming are at www.duchyoriginals.com.*The TES may wish to process or disclose your data to approved third-party companies to monitor our progress and send you future promotions. If you wish us not to do this, please write 'No promotions' on your entry