Skip to main content

Lunch box bugs

Pupils are at risk of food poisoning from their lunch boxes unless schools take precautions, the Food and Drink Federation warns. It polled 1,300 parents and found that only five per cent said their child's school had a fridge to store packed lunches. Helen Munday, the federation's director of food safety and science, said: "Food poisoning bacteria multiply fast, but to do so they need moisture, food, warmth and time - a warm lunch box left sitting around can provide all that."

www.healthylunchbox.co.uk.

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you