Jolie good sporting fun
Engage children in topical language learning with La Jolie Ronde's new series of French and Spanish theme days. The resource packs can be downloaded from www.language-resources.co.uk
What is it?
Each theme day starts with an assembly, before pupils work through a range of supported activities to develop their language skills. Then they all come together in a celebratory assembly to discuss their experience and show off what they have learned. The packs include:
- a collection of easy-to-use, play-based, curriculum-linked resources;
- activities split by age: 5-7, 7-9 and 9-11;
- a CD of images, vocabulary lists, flash card templates, games and activities, transcripts and translations, and video clips;
- an audio CD of songs and sounds recorded by native speakers for correct accent and intonation;
- teachers' notes with CD transcripts.
What will pupils do?
In the Olympics theme day, pupils learn about the history of the Games, develop a mini Olympics event, create passes, certificates and flashcards, and can take part in board games to revise learning.
rhawkes has shared a Spanish starter, a springboard for starting Olympic sports vocabulary. Or practise introductions and sports with LB18's French matching activity.