Apprenticeships took centre stage last night at an awards ceremony recognising the hard work of apprentices and their employers.
The National Apprenticeship Awards, now in its 14th year, was held at the Grosvenor House hotel in central London.
The event’s organisers said the winners represent excellence in two areas: apprentices who made a significant contribution to their workplaces, and businesses that fostered the talents of apprentices.
Director of the National Apprenticeship Service Sue Husband said: “Apprenticeships are for everyone and I thank every employer and apprentice celebrated for their passion for, and commitment to, apprenticeships.
“This year’s winners are all shining examples of how apprenticeships develop outstanding talent whilst enhancing the incredible work of employers.”
Also announced was the Centrica Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers list 2017.
- The Unilever Award for Intermediate Apprentice of the Year: Shannon Green, Althams Travel Services
- The PeoplePlus Award for Advanced Apprentice of the Year: Heeran Basi, Severn Trent Water
- The Nuclear Decommissioning Site Licence Companies' Award for Higher or Degree Apprentice of the Year: Charlotte Hughes, GlaxoSmithKline
- Santander Award for Apprenticeship Champion of the Year: Sarah Barley, South Hunsley School
- The Troup Bywater + Anders Award for Small Employer of the Year: Beauty Oasis Spa
- The Royal Navy Award for Medium Employer of the Year: Superior Seals Limited
- The British Army Award for Large Employer of the Year: Dale Power Solutions
- The Open University Award for Macro Employer of the Year: Royal Air Force
- The BAE Systems Award for Newcomer SME of the Year: Lander Automotive
- The Rolls-Royce Award for Newcomer Large Employer of the Year: YBS Group (Yorkshire Building Society)