The remaining six successful candidates, including three of the four standing in the heads and deputies category, are existing members who have been returned to the 25-member body.
The turn-out in the principality was 23.2 per cent and 28 candidates contested the seats.
Hayden Llewellyn, the GTCW's acting chief executive and returning officer, said: "The GTCW has quickly cemented its status as the professional body for teachers in Wales.
"These teacher-elected posts bring diversity to the council and strengthen the credibility of the organisation among the profession by giving them a clear say in the way the council is run."
Of the council's 25 members, a further nine are appointed by the National Assembly for Wales from nominations by the teaching unions and other educational organisations. The remaining four members are directly appointed by the Assembly.
The result were: (* denotes newly-elected member) Teachers of junior pupils
* *Valerie Merriman: class- teacher, Abergwynfi infants, Neath Port Talbot
* Angela Jardine: classteacher, Gabalfa primary, Cardiff
* *Jean Campion: classteacher, Mount Pleasant primary, Newport
* *Rosemond Nelson: Athrawes Fro in charge of a Welsh language centre, Carmarthenshire Teachers of senior pupils
* Frank Bonello: head of Welsh, Tonypandy community college, Rhondda Cynon Taff
* *Jane Setchfield: head of chemistry, Llanederyn high, Cardiff
* *Suzanne Nantcurvis: geography teacher, head of careers, director of sixth-form studies, Ysgol Dinas Bran, Denbighshire
* Tim Cox: mathematics and information technology teacher, Bryn Hafren comprehensive, Vale of Glamorgan.
Heads or deputy heads
* Gwen Williams: headteacher, Edwardsville infants, Merthyr
* Goronwy Jones: headteacher, Baden Powell primary, Cardiff
* *Anthony H Hughes: headteacher, Pontrhydyfen primary, Neath Port Talbot
* Dr Elwyn Davies: headteacher, Pencoed comprehensive, Bridgend.
Elections for the General Teaching Council for England are currently taking place, with the deadline for the return of ballot papers on March 26. The results expected to be announced on April 6.