CILT courses abroad include:
* Modern languages and SEN, Centre International d'Etudes Pedagogiques in S vres, France, April 1-9, for non-specialist teachers of French Berlin Aktuell, Goethe Institut Berlin, April 10-18. Aimed at those teaching German to ages 14-19
* Teaching Spanish in the secondary school, Universidad PNoblica de Navarra, Pamplona, May 25-June 7. Good knowledge of Spanish necessary. 1600 euro. Up to 1500 euro can be paid through Comenius 2.2 funding
* Teaching French to young learners, Centre de Linguistique Appliquee, Besancon, France, July 20-August 2. Good knowledge of French desirable.
1650 euro. Grants available.
* French for the primary school for teachers with a basic knowledge, Le Chateau d'Ebblinghem, St Omer, France, July 26-August 1. pound;600 grants are available to cover most costs.
Tel: 020 7379 5101
Lighthouse Professional Development's 2003 programme of courses includes:
* Teaching the new German GCSE effectively, Manchester, March 27, London, April 4 Teaching the new French GCSE effectively. Manchester, March 25, Newcastle, March 28, London, April 2
* From GCSE to A Level French: involving learners and updating methodology, Manchester, March 26, Newcastle, April 1 London, April 3
* Planning MFL teaching for secondary pupils with special educational needs in secondary school, London, February 5, Harrogate, March 11, Stratford upon Avon, March 13, Bristol, June 24, Leeds, June 26
* Practical ideas for the Spanish GCSE teacher, Bristol, March 3, London, March 5 and June 25, Liverpool, March 21. Fee: pound;149 plus VAT.
Freephone 0800 587 8880 www.lighthouse.tv
ALL is planning a National Languages Strategy day in February; a German day in the summer and Austrian and Spanish days in the autumn. Dates to be confirmed.