Skip to main content

Ombudsman can help

Pupils who have been let down by the education, care or housing services provided by their council have been urged to contact the Local Government Ombudsman, which handles complaints against local authorities.

"It is a free service and we can often recommend some form of restitution," said Jerry White, one of three local government ombudsmen for England. More information from

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you