(Photograph) - Police carry the body of child killed by eating insecticide-tainted food in a school in central Peru earlier this week. A total of 24 children died, and 20 are still in hospital after a teacher in a remote Andean village near Cuzco mistakenly mixed poison intended to kill stray dogs with pupils' breakfast. A couple in the village of Huasac had left the bag of cereal laced with insecticide outside their house and a child took it to the school thinking it was a breakfast ingredient. The teacher has been detained by police, as have the couple. Photograph: Reuters
Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.
It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you