* Survey the class's favourite foods and make a bar chart of the top selections.
* Turn the home corner into a fish-and-chip shop.
* Discuss "harvesting" fish as part of the Harvest festival.
* Find out different ways of preserving food, eg freezing, pickling, salting, drying.
* Use "nets" to make 3-D shapes.
* Search "Google" images for "cod". Use the pictures for close observational drawings or collages.
* Draw diagrams of cod and label the parts.
* Make "jointed" model fish from junk, using split pins.
* Sing "Three Little Fishes" (Down in the meadowI).
* Make a fishing game with cut-out fish, small magnets and string with paperclips attached to the end. Number the fish and use the "catch" for addition and subtraction.
* Work out a 10,000 times table: one codfish lays 10,000 eggs, two codfish lay 20,000 eggsI
* Use a map of the world to plot where cod arewere found.
* Compare the nutritional values of cod with those of other foods, eg burgers, sausages, soya.
* Play the card game, "Fish".