Skip to main content


RESITTING A-level exams next summer is the option for those who cannot get a university place through clearing or who do not want to compromise the course or the college they have chosen.

Students can return to their old sixth form or to local further education colleges to re-sit. The colleges also offer one-year courses for those who want to try new subjects.

Another alternative is independent further education. For information call the British Accreditation Council for Independent FE on 0171 487 4643.

The BBC also has information and advice for those who have just received A-level results. Call 0800 101901 or visit the website at

Log in or register for FREE to continue reading.

It only takes a moment and you'll get access to more news, plus courses, jobs and teaching resources tailored to you