1. Be aware of your school's protocols on electronic communication, and follow them at all times.
2. Do not give out mobile numbers or personal emails to pupils.
3. Do not post embarrassing or sensitive pictures or information on public websites, where they can be seen by pupils. If someone else has posted them, contact the person involved or the website and ask for them to be removed.
4. If you receive inappropriate communications from pupils, do not respond but report it to your line manager straight away. If you have concerns over the content of a website, speak to your headteacher.
5. Contact your union if you are the subject of offensive material on a website and you have been unable to get it removed.