* The wheel is nearly three times as high as Tower Bridge and four times wider than the dome of St Paul's Cathedral.
* The 80 spokes are made from a total of 6km of cables; laid flat, they would run from Trafalgar Square to Canary Wharf.
* The steel used in theconstruction of the Eye weighs 1,500 tonnes - that's heavier than 250 double decker buses or 280 adult African elephants.
* The wheel will turn approximately 60,000 times every year.
* The 32 passenger pods can carry up to 15,000 visitors a day.
* he wheel takes the same power as 100 vacuum cleaners - 150 kW - to turn.
* 2.2 million people are expected to ride on the wheel in the first year.
* The wheel will offer25-mile views.
At the time of going to press, the wheel was due to start running from Feb 1, 2000. Prices (to May 31): Adult pound;7.45 (10 or more pound;6.70). Child (under 16) pound;4.95 (10 or more pound;4.45).Senior Citizen pound;5.95 (10 or more pound;5.35). Prices rise by 50p from June 1 to Dec 31, 2000. For tickets call 0870 5000 600.