Bishopbriggs Academy in East Dunbartonshire has been chosen to represent Scotland in a partner school initiative between Germany and the UK.
"Schools - Partners for the Future" has been set up by the German Government to encourage educational links to the country and to promote the learning and teaching of the language across the world.
As a first step, six Bishopbriggs pupils will spend three weeks in Germany on an international summer course, all expenses paid. The Goethe-Institut in Glasgow will provide further support:
- Teachers and pupils will be given opportunities to do further training and take part in additional summer courses;
- Online projects will give pupils the opportunity to make contact and establish friendships across the globe;
- Teachers will be supported with cross-curricular materials;
- Cultural events for a wider audience of pupils and teachers will place language learning in a meaningful and motivating context;
- And the teaching of German in primary will be supported through visits and shared projects.