Breaktime - The job stops here - Pub quiz
1. The screenplay of Disney film The Lion King was inspired by which Shakespeare play?
2. Who holds the record as the longest-reigning European monarch?
3. Which is the only non-US team to win the baseball World Series?
4. The creation of which organisation, originally an offshoot of the Farmers' Institute, was inspired by a talk given by Adelaide Hoodless in Ontario in 1897?
5. Which 1986 film featured the humpback whales George and Gracie?
6. What type of puzzle first appeared in the New York World magazine in 1913?
7. Which Madonna song begins with: "I made it through the wilderness"?
8. Which actress won a Golden Globe in 2008 for playing Sookie Stackhouse in the TV series True Blood?
9. Which Russian composer wrote The Firebird and The Rite of Spring?
10. Ruth, Edek and Bronia are the heroes of which children's book by Ian Serraillier?
Quiz answers right; for crossword answers visit www.tes.co.ukbreaktime or see next week's issue
Pub Quiz answers
1. 'Hamlet'; 2. Louis XIV of France (1643-1715); 3. Toronto Blue Jays; 4. The Women's Institute; 5. 'Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home'; 6. Crossword; 7. 'Like a Virgin'; 8. Anna Paquin; 9. Igor Stravinsky; 10. The Silver Sword.