1. The name of which capital city comes from the native language words for "black pool"?
2. What is the name of Paddington Bear's bad tempered neighbour?
3. What relation was Kublai Khan to Genghis Khan?
4. What links the general elections of 1929, 1951 and February 1974, and no others of the 20th century?
5. What was the name of the character played by Kylie Minogue in the Australian soap Neighbours?
6. Who is missing from the following list: Jane, Elizabeth, Lydia and Catherine?
7. Who would use a twisle, a wibbler and a legget?
8. Where does the Scottish football club Queen's Park play its home games?
9. Whose cat is said to illustrate the paradox of applying quantum mechanics to everyday objects?
10. In which town would you find Mother Shipton's Cave?
Pub Quiz Answers
1. Dublin; 2. Mr Curry; 3. Grandson; 4. The party winning the most seats came second in the popular vote; 5. Charlene Robinson (nee Mitchell); 6. Mary (the Bennet sisters in 'Pride and Prejudice'); 7. A roof thatcher; 8. Hampden Park in Glasgow; 9. Schrodinger's; 10. Knaresborough, North Yorkshire.