1. Who succeeded Michael Morris in 1980, was succeeded by Jacques Rogge in 2001, and died earlier this year?
2. Where is Heriot-Watt University?
3. Katherine Parr and which other of Henry VIII's six wives survived him?
4. What links a river in South America, a town on the Isle of Mull, the victor at Waterloo and a city in Siberia?
5. Who was the last European golfer to win the US Open, before Graeme McDowell's victory at Pebble Beach this year?
6. The bone disease rickets is usually caused by a shortage of what?
7. Triton, Nereid and Larissa are among the moons of which planet in the solar system?
8. In which year did the US sign a peace treaty with North Vietnam and Sunderland beat Leeds to win the FA Cup?
9. What is the given name of Michael Jackson's son nicknamed Blanket?
10. The title of Hemingway's For Whom the Bell Tolls was taken from a meditation by which author?
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. Juan Antonio Samaranch, former president of the International Olympic Committee; 2. Edinburgh; 3. Anne of Cleves; 4. The Wombles: Orinoco, Tobermory, Wellington, Tomsk 5. Tony Jacklin (in 1970); 6. Vitamin D; 7. Neptune; 8. 1973; 9. Prince Michael Jackson II; 10. John Donne.