1. Which British city is known as the home of "jam, jute and journalism"?
2. Which cartoon character lived at 52 Festive Road?
3. What links constable, Cleo, screaming and Columbus?
4. Which novel features the characters Betsey Trotwood, Uriah Heap and Wilkins Micawber?
5. What is the name of the pub in the Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks?
6. Who is the murder victim in the original British version of the boardgame Cluedo?
7. Which British monarch was known as Henry Bolingbroke before he was crowned king?
8. What links Hermes, The XX and quicksilver?
9. Which website was founded in 1995 by Pierre Omidyar?
10. Which book of the Bible includes the story of Samson and Delilah?
Quiz answers below; for crossword answers see next week's issue
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. Dundee 2. Mr Benn 3. They are all titles of Carry On films 4. 'David Copperfield' 5. The Dog in the Pond 6. Dr Black 7. Henry IV 8. Mercury: Greek name for the Roman god Mercury; winners of this year's Mercury Prize; another name for the element Mercury. 9. eBay (originally called AuctionWeb) 10. Judges.