Breaktime - The job stops here - Pub quiz
1. "Barnacle Bill" is the theme tune to which children's TV programme?
2. Where would you find the tomb of the Venerable Bede?
3. What links Chelsea, Newcastle United, Raith Rovers and Aston Villa?
4. Which US state lent its name to a beach used in the Normandy landings in June 1944?
5. What sport was invented by Dr James Naismith in 1891 as a way of distracting a group of rowdy boys in the winter, and was introduced to the Olympics in 1936?
6. Which capital city is built on the site of the Aztec capital Tenochtitlan?
7. What links Nicholas Breakspear, Sue Townsend and Daybreak?
8. Whose 2004 marriage, to Jason Allen Alexander, lasted 55 hours?
9. Which animal has species including white, black and Sumatran?
10. Which novel begins with: "It was a bright cold day in April and the clocks were striking thirteen"?
Quiz answers below; for crossword answers visit www.tes.co.ukbreaktime or see next week's issue
Pub Quiz answers 1. 'Blue Peter' 2. Durham Cathedral 3. Football clubs supported by the last four prime ministers: John Major, Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and David Cameron 4. Utah 5. Basketball 6. Mexico City 7. Adrian: he was Adrian IV, the only English pope; creator of Adrian Mole; presented by Adrian Chiles 8. Britney Spears 9. Rhinoceros 10. '1984' by George Orwell.