Breaktime - The job stops here - Pub quiz
1. Who shares the record for the most consecutive Christmas number one singles (three) with The Beatles?
2. In which film does David Bowie play a British soldier in a Japanese prisoner-of-war camp?
3. According to the carol The Twelve Days of Christmas, what did my true love bring on the eighth day?
4. Which monarch delivered the first broadcast Christmas message?
5. In the ballet The Nutcracker, who is ruling the Land of Sweets in the absence of the prince?
6. In which 1942 film was the song White Christmas first heard?
7. Which is the first ghost to visit Scrooge in A Christmas Carol?
8. Which feast day in the Christian calendar celebrates the visit of the Magi to the baby Jesus?
9. In which country would you find the Christmas Mountains?
10. Joe Christmas features in the novel Light in August by which Nobel Prize-winning author?
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. The Spice Girls (1996-98); 2. 'Merry Christmas, Mr Lawrence'; 3. Eight maids-a-milking; 4. King George V; 5. The Sugar Plum Fairy; 6. Holiday Inn; 7. The ghost of Jacob Marley; 8. Epiphany; 9. Canada; 10. William Faulkner.