1. Who played Dr Peter Venkman in the 1984 film Ghostbusters?
2. Who immediately preceded Mikhail Gorbachev as general secretary of the Communist Party in the Soviet Union?
3. Sequoia trees are native to which American state?
4. Who was five-times darts World Champion in the 1980s?
5. Which property on the Pentland Firth was used as a holiday home by the Queen Mother?
6. What was the first name of Dr Watson, assistant to Sherlock Holmes?
7. In horse racing, what music hall song is also slang for odds of 10030?
8. In which year were the pro-democracy demonstrations in China that culminated in the Tiananmen Square massacres, known in China as the June Fourth Incident?
9. Geri Halliwell's version of the song "It's Raining Men" featured on the soundtrack to which film?
10. What is the unit of currency in Libya?
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. Bill Murray; 2. Konstantin Chernenko; 3. California; 4. Eric Bristow; 5. Castle of Mey; 6. John; 7. Burlington Bertie; 8. 1989; 9. 'Bridget Jones's Diary'; 10. Dinar.