1. Who owned the shop in the cartoon series Bagpuss?
2. Which month is named after the Latin word for purification?
3. What is the name of the model village in Birmingham set up by the Cadbury family to house workers at their chocolate factory?
4. What links the hero of Khartoum, the last Han dynasty, a Shakespearean forest and a paranormal field?
5. What links Rievaulx, Stockton, the Hirsel and Kesteven?
6. What Olympic distinction is held by Berlin, Tokyo and London, and no others?
7. What name is given to any mountain in Scotland with a height of more than 3,000 feet?
8. What does the Rock refer to in the US comedy series 30 Rock?
9. Who painted The Laughing Cavalier?
10. In the Disney film Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, who is the only dwarf without a beard?
Pub Quiz Answers
1. Emily 2. February (from februum) 3. Bournville 4. They are all characters in the film 'Flash Gordon': General (Flash) Gordon; (Emperor) Ming; Forest of (Dale) Arden in As You Like It; (Princess) Aura. 5. Peerages taken by former prime ministers: Harold Wilson, Harold Macmillan, Alec Douglas-Home, Margaret Thatcher 6. They were due to host summer Olympics but it was cancelled because of the First and Second World Wars (Berlin in 1916, Tokyo 1940, London 1944) 7. Munro 8. Rockefeller Plaza, the setting for the programme 9. Frans Hals 10. Dopey.