1. What is England's newest national park?
2. Which fictional detective made their last appearance in the novel Sleeping Murder?
3. What is the only sport in next year's Olympic games to be contested only by men?
4. Which publication has featured the characters Paul Whicker, Millie Tant and Roger Mellie?
5. The Victoria Falls are on which river?
6. Who "dined on mince and slices of quince" after their wedding?
7. What can be Valencia, navel, blood or hamlin?
8. Which football team plays their home matches at Tynecastle?
9. What links James Bond's Q, a tank engine and The Beatles' producer?
10. Who had a number one hit in 1983 with the single Too Shy?
Pub quiz answers
1. South Downs 2. Miss Marple 3. Graeco-Roman wrestling 4. 'Viz' 5. The Zambezi 6. The Owl and the Pussycat 7. Oranges 8. Heart of Midlothian 9. Speakers of the House of Commons: (Major) Betty Boothroyd; George Thomas (the Tank Engine); (George) Michael Martin 10. Kajagoogoo.