1. Jasper and Jinx were the original names given to which cartoon adversaries?
2. What was stolen from Westminster Abbey on Christmas Day in 1950?
3. What links Tiffany Case, Mary Goodnight, Honey Rider and Holly Goodhead?
4. Who has the motto Per Mare Per Terram?
5. A schnoodle is a cross between a poodle and which other breed of dog?
6. What links the Isle of Ely, the Isle of Dogs and the Isle of Portland, but not the Isle of Wight or the Isle of Sheppey?
7. Who is the only Briton to have been President of the European Commission?
8. What links the castles of Carlisle, Tutbury, Sheffield and Fotheringay?
9. Whose statue features the inscription "Look on my works, Ye Mighty, and despair"?
10. What item of stationery, invented by Art Fry in 1974, was originally marketed under the name Press 'n' Peel?
PUB QUIZ ANSWERS
1. Tom and Jerry (in the 1940 film 'Puss Gets the Boot') 2. The Stone of Scone 3. Bond girls: in 'Diamonds are Forever', 'The Man with the Golden Gun', 'Dr No' and 'Moonraker' 4. The Royal Marines (by sea, by land) 5. A schnauzer 6. They are not islands (unlike the Isle of Wight and Isle of Sheppey) 7. Roy Jenkins (1977-1981) 8. They were all used to hold Mary, Queen of Scots when she was a prisoner of Elizabeth I 9. Ozymandias, in the poem by Shelley, 10. Post-it notes.