The House of Commons Education Committee is currently holding an inquiry into the role and performance of Ofsted.
The Committee, chaired by Graham Stuart MP, has received substantial written evidence from a large number of organisations and individuals, and is now conducting oral evidence sessions to hear the views of leading practitioners, academics and other experts.
The Committee is very keen to hear the first-hand views of current and recently retired Ofsted inspectors, both HMIs and Additional Inspectors, and is planning to hold a seminar, most likely in the latter half of December 2010. The seminar, which will take place at the House of Commons, will be on a non-attributable basis, and will have a loose agenda looking at the following topics:
- Ofsted's remit
- Ofsted's management and governance
- The use of frameworks and performance data
- The performance of Ofsted in carrying out its functions
- Ofsted's relationship with the Department for Education
- Ofsted's reputation and consistency