Pupils could use the article to research and give a presentation on the future of languages (peer education possibilities?). Challenge pupils in teams to enquire into:
* Would we experience life differently if we spoke another language?
* What might be the causes of languages dialects dying out?
* What might the consequences be?
* Is this a natural process of socialglobal evolution?
* Who should be responsible for protecting endangered languages?
* How might they be protected?
* Is language political? (Explore the Hebrew and Welsh examples).
* What is Esperanto, and will it help or hinder the survival of languages?
Pupils could plan a campaign to protect a languagedialect of their choice; consider planning and strategy, publicity, networking, lobbying, the role of the EU, Commonwealth, and the UN, as well as local councils, and the role of education.