* If you teach in more than one room, negotiate wall space for your work.
* Use displays as an opportunity for pupils to show off their skills in ICT, graphics and art, but mix in hand-written and hand-drawn work.
* Encourage older pupils by telling them that it's good for younger ones to see their work.
* Involve pupils in planning displays. Provide newspapers nd magazines that can be explored for articles and photographs.
* Put pupils' photographs with their displayed work.
* Displays can help reinforce learning by illustrating new concepts and listing key words.
* Build up a store of useful materials - coloured paper, fabrics, writing and drawing equipment.
* If your display is damaged, repair it immediately. Consider using a perspex screen.
* Get the caretaker to paint your display boards.
* Change displays regularly to maintain interest.
Next week: lost clothing