(Photograph) - * April 20 1999: Columbine High, Littleton, Colorado. Eric Harris,18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, armed with bombs and guns, attacked the school, killing one teacher and 12 students, injuring more than 20 others. Killed themselves.
* May 21 1998: Thurston High, Springfield, Oregon. Kipland Kinkel, 15, allegedly opened fire with a semi-automatic in the school canteen. Two students died and 20 were injured. He also allegedly killed both his parents. Murder charges.
* April 24 1998: Edinboro, Pennsylvania. Parker Middle School pupil Andrew Wurst, 14, allegedly killed teacher John Gillette at a graduation dance. One teacher and two pupils injured. Charged with murder.
* March 24 1998: Westside Middle School, Jonesboro, Arkansas. Mitchell Johnson, 13, and Andrew Golden, 11, killed four pupils and a teacher. Ten were injured. Found 'delinquent' and detained by the state.
* December 1 1997: Heath High, West Paducah, Kentucky. Michael Carneal, 14, pulled a pistol from his rucksack, inserted earplugs and killed three fellow students, wounding five others. Life sentence without parole.
* October 1 1997: Pearl High, Pearl, Mississippi. Luke Woodham, 16, killed his mother, then drove to school and sprayed the playground with rifle fire. Two girls died, seven were injured. Jailed for life.