Section A (reading response to media texts)
* answer at appropriate length for the number of marks offered?
* give the right sort of information in reply to each question? If not, where did I go wrong?
* explicitly refer to key words from the question?
* show that I know the difference between a fact, an opinion, and an opinion presented as a fact?
* analyse pictorial evidence in sufficient detail?
* quote to support points about language?
* use my own words to summarise key points of content?
* show that I understand the importance of structure in a text?
Section B (writing to argue, persuade or advise)
* choose the best question to answer?
* write at sufficient length?
* paragraph sensibly?
* adopt the right tone?
* use logic and structure for an argued response?
* use appropriate discourse markers?
* use language as sophisticated as I was able to use with confidence?
* open and close my essay in a stylish manner?