Diary - 5 worst English howlers
1. A fairy tale is something that never happened a long time ago.
2. The appendix is a part of a book for which nobody ever found a use.
3. The word trousers is an uncommon noun because it is singular at the top and plural at the bottom.
4. Miguel Cervantes wrote at the same time as Shakespeare. He was Donkey Hote.
5. Shakespeare mostly lived in Windsor with his merry wives.
Taken from Must Try Harder! The Very Worst Howlers by Schoolchildren. Published by Constable Robinson. www.constablerobinson.com.